Yetholm Community Council meets on the last Tuesday of every month - with the exception of December - in the Youth Hall at 7.00pm. All these meetings are open to the general public and provide an opportunity to join in with matters and debates which directly affect the village. In addition to Councillors, the meetings are also attended by the local Regional Councillor from Scottish Borders Council and, duties permitting, the local police officers. The A.G.M. is held each April at a venue and time as publicised.
There are eleven elected Councillors who serve for terms of three years (renewable). Each Councillor takes responsibility for specific areas of interest (portfolios). Information regarding the various portfolios + copies of recent Minutes of Community Council meetings can be found by clicking of the relevant drop-down tab. Current councillors, with their portfolios & contact details, are -
Susan Stewart - Chair, website & Events 420231
Paul Robson - Bonfire 420608
Angela Walker - Treasurer 420669
Natasha Gray Secretary - 07908945844
Zoe Keddie-Dixon - Education 420215
Shane Black - Planning 420676
Denise Allan - Grants & Funding 420289
Charles Broker - Utilities 420339
Alan Kerr - Resilience 420319
Sue Rose - Health & Social Care 420588
Graeme Wallace - Tourism 420677
Iain Dougal - Projects & Events 420276
2018 Community Council Vacancies
Applications now open for four vacancies on Council.
1. Nominations open on Thursday 1st March 2018, nomination papers available from the CC Secretary, Yetholm Village Shop and downloadable from SBC Website.
2. Nominations close on Friday 30th March 2018.
3. A 7 day cooling off period allowable under the Community Council guide to elections which will be until Friday 6th April 2018.
4. If there are a greater number of nominations received than places on the Community Council then elections for the available posts to take place on a Day of your choice i.e. Thursday 19th April 2018 between 10am-1pm and 6pm-8pm at The Wauchope Hall, Town Yetholm.
5. If there is an election the ballot papers to be counted by Democratic Services at SBC on 20th April 2018, there after the results announced.
6. New Community Council would have their first meeting on Tuesday 24th April or Tuesday 6th May 2018 at 7pm in the Youth Hall, Town Yetholm.