Thanks Received For Donations from Pavilion Event- This Event Donated £330 to Eyemouth Lifeboat Station and £330 to Edinburgh University Neurological Research.
The Windfall Committee consisting of; Susan Stewart, Helen Cessford, Karen Kree, Nicky Stevens and Roddy Murray met this morning (Tuesday 23rd January 2018) and allocated £850 to organisations as follows;
1. Morebattle and Yetholm Playgroup £200 for storage units and playmats.
2. Yetholm School £100 for Art and Craft materials
3. Morebattle School £50 to general school funds
4. Yetholm Fireworks Committee £100 for Insurance/Fireworks
5. Morebattle Family Auld Year's Party £100 for Hall Hire/Food
6. St Aidans Renovation £100 towards next phase of refurbishment.
7. Yetholm History Society £100 towards heating for Old Mission Hall
8. Morebattle Children's Christmas Party £100 for food, presents and table covers.
8 applications were received. Full details of the allocation will be displayed in the village shops shortly and will be available from Committee members and from both Community Councils.
A huge thanks to everyone who supported this initiative during its first year. Let's aim to raise even more from the next harvest !
Here’s the latest update, including How to Vote information and some additions to the FAQ’s …
There was a heavy fall of snow in Yetholm last night - and more on the way. The Spine Race is being run at the moment, which takes place along the length (268 miles) of the Peninne Way. In previous years runners have got into difficulty along the final stretch over the Cheviot and into Kirk Yetholm - hopefully this wont happen this year, but conditions will be difficult on the hill tops. Currently the two race leaders are at Bellingham, with most of the rest of the field trailing behind near Alston ... how long will they take to make it to Yetholm? Current race info can be found HERE.
Parking will be prohibited on the following roads from 08:00 on the 11th December 2017 to 18:00 on the 15th December 2017.
• Yewtree Road – from High Street eastwards for 60 metres – both sides
• High Street - from a point 30 metres south of its junction with Yewtree Road to a point 30 metres north of the same junction. Both sides.
• Deanfield Bank – from High Street westwards for 25 metres – both sides
These restrictions are required to allow Morrison Utility Service to undertake network upgrade works on behalf of BT.