The Windfall Committee consisting of; Susan Stewart, Helen Cessford, Karen Kree, Nicky Stevens and Roddy Murray met this morning (Tuesday 23rd January 2018) and allocated £850 to organisations as follows;
1. Morebattle and Yetholm Playgroup £200 for storage units and playmats.
2. Yetholm School £100 for Art and Craft materials
3. Morebattle School £50 to general school funds
4. Yetholm Fireworks Committee £100 for Insurance/Fireworks
5. Morebattle Family Auld Year's Party £100 for Hall Hire/Food
6. St Aidans Renovation £100 towards next phase of refurbishment.
7. Yetholm History Society £100 towards heating for Old Mission Hall
8. Morebattle Children's Christmas Party £100 for food, presents and table covers.
8 applications were received. Full details of the allocation will be displayed in the village shops shortly and will be available from Committee members and from both Community Councils.
A huge thanks to everyone who supported this initiative during its first year. Let's aim to raise even more from the next harvest !